Only 2 short months until my littlest Bubba is 1. I should be celebrating- but deep down inside I am crumbling. How?! I so desperately need this time to slow down. Take a pause. Chill out. Freeze. He is turning into a toddler right before my very eyes.
There’s a cute saying that goes “One of these are not like the other” and I am convinced that, although you fit perfectly into our family, you are not quite the same as your brothers! But also, in so many ways, you’re just the same.
Not only are you strongly opinionated (as many young babies/toddlers are) but you demand that your opinion be heard- LOUD and clear. You were a tricky sleeper, as many babies often are, but also you sleep *better* (that’s a relative word…) than your big bro’s did. Unfortunately you’re often left out because the bigs are just a little too busy to fuss with someone they don’t fully understand. So you cling to my side, my feet, my legs all.day.long. Sometimes you just follow me around and cry, sometimes you find a drawer or cupboard and empty it’s contents just to (thankfully) shove it back in to see if it still fits. Often times you find a can of beans from the pantry or a spaghetti sauce container and roll it around the kitchen playing chase. I always thought your brothers were messy. However, since you have bigs to look up to- they’ve taught you well how to completely destroy a room in a matter of seconds. Just maybe you might be better at cleaning up?
The way you look at me sometimes stops me in my tracks, makes my heart skip a beat. I melt. Then sometimes when you do crocodile rolls while changing your diaper and clothes I want to huff and puff and storm off. Alas, I’ve learned a game of peek-a-boo or giving you something you probably shouldn’t have keeps you from being a Rollie-Pollie right off the changing table.
We have the best time with you. We absolutely adore you. We find great joy watching you engage with your brothers. You are SUCH a gift. I can’t wait to see how your little personality develops!
Love you always,
Cameron’s Likes: Not a whole has changed honestly. I think the addition of *some* wrestling could be added. Oh! That and he LOVES drinking from his big bro’s water bottles. I was super surprised to find him downing a bottle of water the other day. Who knew! Oh and yogurt. He loves yogurt. Oh! And he loves to sing.
Cameron’s Dislikes: Why must he so fiercely hate diaper changes? The other two boys didn’t care for them, and fought me. But this boy. He can throw down the biggest tantrum over diaper changes.
Nicknames: Cam-a-lama-ding-dong, Bubba, Cam, Cammers, M C Cammers, Homeboy, Destructo-Baby.
Weight & Height: Who even knows. He’s impossible to pin down for a height and WAY too squirmy for a weight check. But after my attempts I feel like maybe he hasn’t even grown. Cue panic. So now we have his *cough* 9 month well child visit next week. I’ll add an update after that. But he’s in some 12 and some 12-18m clothing. (After his well child visit we discovered he is 31” tall and 21lbs10oz)
- Running with his walker toy
- Diving off the furniture (is that even a milestone? Or maybe a milestone of sheer reckless abandon?)
- The best escape artist aka opening the slider door, seeing an opportunity to dart out the front door when grabbing an Amazon delivery.
- Homeboy has 8 chompers- and with his current ‘tude I would not be surprised if another one shows up.
- All praise and glory to the Good Lord who has mercy on my soul, he’s sleeping through the night.
- Clapping like a champ
- Waving buh-bye when he feels like it.
- Attempting words like “ah dun”, “Nigh Nigh Dada”, mama was in the mix- but it’s been lost. He may not say much but holy buckets does he have a lot to yell and holler and exclaim!
- Recognizes himself in the mirror and thinks it’s hilarious.
- Looks under and over things to search for a desired item. He ain’t no dummy, he knows I’m hiding stuff from him.