6 quick months.
How on earth have you been here for 6 whole months?
You are. A gift. You have brought completeness and wholeness to our family. When I was 6 weeks pregnant with you and had my first ultrasound, they said your heartbeat was too slow. Everyone tried to prepare me for yet another loss. But, you fought. You held on tight. You grew and grew so well! I am forever blessed by and grateful for your presence in our home. I might be tired. I might be stretched to the max. I might be drowning in the every day momming- but you are so special.
You are a go-getter. Eager to keep up. Eager to break all the boundaries, eager to be like the bigs. Please, for my sake, please slow down- just a little! You are spicy! Your little temper just got attention is both hilarious and obnoxious! But it’s pretty darn cute that you know exactly what makes me laugh. I love your joyful spirit. You are so smart and you’re doing such a wonderful job at being you!
Love you always,
Cameron’s Likes: homeboy loves food. Loves nursing. Loves being held. Loves exploring his world. Loves hanging upside down. Loves jumping fast. Loves bath time and loves watching his big bro bro’s play!
Cameron’s Dislikes: clothing changes and diaper changes. Whoa. I basically have to sit on him. Yikes. Waiting isn’t his strong point. But there isn’t much homeboy doesn’t like! Which is good! He’d still rather snuggle than sleep alone. Which proves to be a challenge for naps and bedtime.
Nicknames: Homeboy, Bubba, Bubs, Cam
Weight: At his 6m well-child visit he was 19.5 lbs and 28.5/29 inches long (since I’m uber late at posting I cannot fully remember, whoops!) he is sporting a range of clothing sizes cause let’s be honest, baby clothing sizes are NOT consistent. We are doing 6-9m, 9m, and 9-12m sizes. But mostly the 9-12m cause that’s what we have that is weather appropriate. But- who are we kidding- it’s not like we’re going anywhere anyway!
Milestones: Cameron has graduated PT and has overcome all his tightness challenges. Praise God! He worked so hard and so well! He is still lefty dominant, which could just be his preference! But he has met all his goals and then some!
- Army crawling very quickly and efficiently since about 5.5 months- with attempts at hands and knees.
- Sitting (completely unassisted since about 5.5 months)
- Moves from sitting to crawling
- Attempting moving from belly position to sitting (usually ends up in an awkward Down Dog pose, hilarious to me, frustrating to him)
- Enjoying solids, avoiding oats due to possible allergy. Banana aren’t his fav but no longer causing a rash. His favorite is chicken. Thank you Baby Led Weaning.
- Making sounds while playing with toys and copying his brothers truck and plane sounds.
- 2!! Yes, 2 teeth! And working on more – yeeeesh. Ouch.
- sleeping is… well. A struggle. But some nights are better than others. I’ve just come to realize that our kids are not that great of sleepers as babies. And that’s ok. They need me. I have more patience for it now than I did with the past 2- and I wish I had had the same patience.
And just for kicks and Giggles!
All three of my boys at 6 months old. Crosby has the C in his hands, Kobe has the Fox and Cameron has the colorful elephant!